Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day Ten--1.19.11, Part Two

I couldn't let these pictures go.  Hubby grabbed the camera for me, because if I got up to take the picture, H-Man would have stopped what he was doing.

H-Man has a TON of books.  I am constantly buying him books since Hubby and I believe in the saying, "Readers are born in the laps of their parents."  When we go to Half-Price Books to sell back my magazines, I let him have my credit and pick out a few books.  I steer him towards books that are appropriate for him, but other than that, he judges books by their covers.  He chose this book because simply "It has to be funny it has cows typing Mommy and cow's don't type!

(And I think in this case, choosing a Caldecott Medal honor book was a good choice!  The illustrations in this book are darling.)
      
Click the cover to see the book on amazon.com








From publishers weekly, "Farmer Brown is dumbfounded when his cows discover an old typewriter in the barn and begin experimenting ("All day long he hears click, clack, moo. Click, clack, moo. Clickety clack moo"). Things really get out of hand when the cows began airing their grievances." 

H-Man has read this book several times, but hasn't read it in about a month.  So today, when Hubby left his laptop open, and H-Man (who was playing with his stuffed cow on the floor) lunged for it with the cow I had to laugh:
"Cows that type!  Click-Clack-Moo!  Click-Clack-Moo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment