Friday, January 21, 2011

Day Eleven--1.20.11

Today is brought to you by the letter G, the letter I, and the letter N.

Things didn't go well for Hubby today on the workfront, so I did what every good wife does and made him a nice drink for when he got home.  That's right--I just set womens lib back about fifty years.  I'm June Cleaver--minus the fussy dress and pearls.  I like being "just a housewife."  I'll have a lot of other years to be out earning a paycheck, but for now my work is here at home. 

I like contributing to my family by keeping the house (somewhat) orderly and raising our two children.  Nothing makes me happier than seeing my two kids all day long.  Yes, at times I'd like to hide in the bathroom and pretend that H-Man's tantrum wasn't happening.  Yes, there have been days when I've just sat and cried because the lack of sleep and stress of the day just broke me down.  But I know I am LUCKY.

So yes, today was a disappointing day for the Wise's.  But there are a lot worse things that could have happened.  My husband still has a job.  We have a great house.  I only need to work part-time to keep our heads above water.  And we have gin.  And vermouth.  And pretty glasses in which to consume said beverages from.  Life?  Life is good.

No olives.  Olives are nasty.

1 comment: