Monday, January 17, 2011

Day Six--1.16.11

Sunday!  :)

Sunday is my favorite day of the week because it's coupon day.  This morning I started making my list, gathered my coupons, and got ready to head to the drugstore and grocery store.

BUT--I had a surprise to open first.  I love surprises, especially those wrapped in pretty paper.

A long time ago, I had sent my husband a link to a couple of Etsy items.  (Hubby gets a lot of links to things I like; I figure it's a good idea to keep his head full of ideas for me.)  Both were felted items with a bird theme, which I adore.  One was the most adorable terra cotta colored bowl, with two little birds perched on the side.  The other was a gray bag with a tree and two turquoise (possibly my favorite color) birds.  LOVE LOVE LOVE

So as I stood in the kitchen, coupons in hand ready to walk out the door, my son comes in and says "close your eyes Mommy" and when I opened my eyes, he had a wrapped package for me!  He says, "Happy Birfday and Merry Cwismas!!!"  I ask him if he wants to help me open my gift, and he happily obliged in ripping off the paper he only wrapped around the box not five minutes before.

I was incredibly excited to receive these two items today.  Not only because they are beautiful, handmade items that I love--but more importantly, they are made by someone I know and admire, Cathy J.

Cathy is a WONDERFUL wife, an AMAZING mother, and an extremely talented craftswoman.  Her wonderful ability with felting is amazing.  She made a BOWL for crying out loud!  I highly suggest you go to her Etsy shop, For Ewe, and purchase one of her adorable hats, headbands, or the other adorable bird bag.  If you don't purchase it for yourself, I'm sure there is someone in your life that would love one of her creations.So go now.  Seriously, stop reading the blog and go look at the cuteness of For Ewe.

The adorable birds on the bowl

Holy cuteness!  ::)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment